With the Excel import, your flip contact can semi-automatically integrate users into the system via an Excel file. Please fill out the file as follows:
- Fill in first and last name
- Enter a username (Attention: without spaces!). Feel free to use a personnel number, abbreviation or e-mail for this purpose. Keep in mind: this username should not change in the future. Please take this into consideration when choosing a username.
- Assign the role of the user in the system via the drop-down menu. Choose between system administrator (admin) or user. A system administrator has special rights in the app and can change settings. Find out more about which specific rights the system administrator has here.
- Enter a password that comply with your company's password policy.
- If you enter an e-mail address for your users, they can later reset their password by themselves. The e-mail adress can be used for private or for business purposes. If you do not want to enter them, the system administrators have to reset the passwords for the users.
- In the last step you transfer the group structure into the import table you planned in advance. First confirm the edit mode and enable using of the macro. The group name is entered in the third row of the yellow columns. Below that, use the drop-down menu to select whether the user should be assigned the role of a group administrator (admin) or a member. Repeat this for all your groups and users. Find out more about which specific rights the group administator has here.
You have completed the Excel import and now you can send it to your contact at Flip.